ملتقي طلبة وطالبات كلية الآداب جامعة المنصوره
Dump Waiter Untitl29

السلام عليكم

أخى/أختى زائرنا الكريم، تشرفنا بمرورك وتصفحك منتدانا المتواضع وسنسعد ونتشرف أكثر بانضمامك إلينا وإلى أسرة المنتدى والمشاركه بأفكارك ومقترحاتك للنهوض بالمنتدى إلى الأمام ولمزيد من التقدم بالإفاده والاستفاده .. وشكرا لك .

لمزيد من المعلومات او التواصل مع الإداره يرجى الاتصال على البريد الالكترونى:

islammahmoud2050@gmail.com

Dump Waiter Untitl29

السلام عليكم

أخى/أختى زائرنا الكريم، تشرفنا بمرورك وتصفحك منتدانا المتواضع وسنسعد ونتشرف أكثر بانضمامك إلينا وإلى أسرة المنتدى والمشاركه بأفكارك ومقترحاتك للنهوض بالمنتدى إلى الأمام ولمزيد من التقدم بالإفاده والاستفاده .. وشكرا لك .

لمزيد من المعلومات او التواصل مع الإداره يرجى الاتصال على البريد الالكترونى:

islammahmoud2050@gmail.com

هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

كل ما يخص طلاب كلية الآداب جامعة المنصوره من أخبار ومواد علميه ومشكلات وقضايا وإقتراحات

الرئيسيةPortalأحدث الصورالتسجيلدخول

مطلوب مشرفين وطاقم مساعده للإداره لإعادة العمل مره أخرى بالمنتدى ورفع المحاضرات ومتابعة طلبات الأعضاء والإجابه على استفساراتهم الخاصه بالكليه بجميع أقسامها

Dump Waiter

اذهب الى الأسفل 
2 مشترك
كاتب الموضوعرسالة
Mr.Islam
Mr:Manager
Mr:Manager
Mr.Islam

Dump Waiter 305878022
عدد المساهمات : 3442
: Dump Waiter X5upcd10

Dump Waiter Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: Dump Waiter   Dump Waiter I_icon_minitimeالثلاثاء مايو 26, 2009 5:40 pm

“THE DUMB WAITER”

by Harold Pinter

“The Dumb Waiter” was written by Harold Pinter in 1957 and was first presented at the Hampstead Theatre Club on 21st January , 1960.

As in others Harold Pinter’s plays, this has two characters. Ben and Gus. Firstly I am going to describe Ben. Ben is as an older brother to Gus, that is to say, Ben acts as if Gus was his brother. He orders him to do things, like prepare the tea ( page 130 ). On the other hand, Gus does everything that Ben orders and recommends, like a young brother. Gus has a more timid character , this might be because he is younger than Ben and more unexperienced in what they have to do.

During the play, Ben and Gus are waiting for something, a call, as we can see on page 134 when Gus says; “You can’t more out of the house in case a call comes“ and on the same page, some lines down when Ben says: “Then when a call comes, I´m ready“. Meanwhile they wait, they read the newspaper, talk about where they are “What town are we in ? I´ve forgotten“ (page 137), about football “We could go and whatch the villa”-“They playing away“ (page 137), and about girls for example, “I was thinking about that girl , that’s all“ (page 146). They are in a basement room, the only way that they have communication with the outside world is with a dump-waiter, which communicates with the kitchen of the restaurant above them. Ben and Gus are murderers. Gus doubts if he wants to work as murderer. In the end Ben murders Gus.

The space, as in other Harold Pinter plays is a room. In this case a room with two beds, a serving hatch and a kitchen and lavatory. This description is at the beginning of the play. It is a marginal note of Harold Pinter. There is another space, the town where they (Ben and Gus) are. This town is Birmingham which is in the Midlands (the second biggest city in Great Britain) as we can see on page 137.

The time is not said by the writer. I suppose it was the time in which the author wrote the play. The internal time I think is one of the days that they were in the basement room.

The language of the play is very colloquial with many repetitions, i.e., no literal repetitions, but some different explanations about one issue that is being discussed by Ben and Gus.

This play shows me how patient people are, that is to say, the Ben’s impatience when Gus has doubts about what they have to do, i.e., murder someone, show me that people are impatient. We want to do what we have to do quickly and after forget it. When we are staying with someone we lose our patience if we do not accept the others. It is a problem because people have to help together, but if we can not stay together, help is impossible.

عدل سابقا من قبل فارس الأحلام في الإثنين يونيو 01, 2009 9:44 pm عدل 1 مرات
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل
http://linkedin.com/in/islamdesouky
sooooooma
New (M)
New (M)
sooooooma

Dump Waiter 305878022
عدد المساهمات : 9

Dump Waiter Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: رد: Dump Waiter   Dump Waiter I_icon_minitimeالخميس مايو 28, 2009 5:05 pm

مشكوووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووور
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل

Dump Waiter
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة 
صفحة 1 من اصل 1

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى
ملتقي طلبة وطالبات كلية الآداب جامعة المنصوره :: 
(¯`°•.¸¯`°•. مجلـة آداب .•°`¯¸.•°`¯)
 :: الفرقـه الأولـى 
-
انتقل الى: